Monday 30 September 2013

Loch Inver/West Coast of Scotland

At the start of August I went up to Scotland with my parents to visit my sister Rosa, who is living in Edinburgh. We then travelled onwards through the highlands over to the west coast to stay in a small town called Loch Inver for a week. Best known for it's fishing port and pies.

We walked through some ancient woodlands and the trees were covered in these beautiful lichens. The textures are just incredible. 


Rosa taking a photo of the white sandy beach we visited. 





Some very inedible but amazing looking mushrooms I came across in one of the forests.



Mossy.


The view over to the Highlands.


Whilst we were in Edinburgh my sister introduced me to a new local yarn shop called Be Inspired Fibres in the Marchmont area of the city. They sold a lovely collection of yarns for knitting and weaving as well as a few unusual cones of yarn combining stainless steel with linen and other ones using cotton and linen with paper. Next time I am there I will definitely be paying another visit! 

Here is a link to their website: http://beinspiredfibres.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment